Hopefully I meet You there.
DOAG 2015 Conference + Exhibition
I will be speaking at DOAG 2015 in less than two weeks!
This is my first time as both a speaker and a visitor, and I am looking forward to this event. I enjoy the opportunity to meet new people and old friends, and I would love to meet up with you personally to exchange thoughts about Oracle Database Standard Edition; or any other topic that might be on your mind. Just grab my arm if you feel for making the acquaintance.
Here is my schedule for the week:
- Tuesday, November 17th – arrives (depending on what train I catch, but in the afternoon)
- Wednesday, November 18 – gives presentation
- 08:00 am – 08:45 am Standard Edition Database something for the Enterprise?
- Thursday, November 19 – before noon back to Frankfurt
So between November 17-19 – I look forward to meeting you in Nuremberg, Germany at DOAG 2015 Conference+Exhibition!
There are so many good speakers and sessions this year, and very difficult to choose among them, so my personal “chocolate box” contains these others sessions, so let’s see how much I can “consume”. If my travel arrangements had been more favourable I would have also loved to attend these sessions on the 17th:
- 09:00 am – 09:45 am -Big Data SQL New Features and Roadmap -Jean-Pierre Dijcks
- 09:00 am – 09:45 am -Saltstack und Oracle – Salzen Sie ihre Installation+Konfig -Martin Bracher
- 11:00 am – 11:45 am -Transforming one table to another: SQL or PL/SQL? -Bryn Llewellyn
- 09:00 am – 09:45 am -Best of RMAN Selected features from four versions -Uwe Hesse
- 11:00 am – 11:45 am -Bad Boys of On-line Replication – Changing Everything – Jan Karremans
- 12:00 pm – 12:45 pm- Core Strategies for Trouble-shooting-Jonathan Lewis
- 1:00 pm – 1:45 pm – Combining Relational and Document Storage: The Latest in NoSQL Development with the MySQL Database -Tomas Ulin
- 09:00 am – 09:45 am – IT Analytics: Operational Insight for Databases & Middleware- Jagan Athreya
- 10:00 am – 10:45 am – Best of Oracle Security 2015 -Alexander Kornbrust
- 09:00 am – 09:45 am – Identifying performance issues beyond Oracle wait interface -Stefan Koehler
- 10:00 am – 10:45 am – The Basics an Oracle DBA Should Know About MySQL -Joze Senegacnik
- 11:00 am – 11:45 am -Five Hints for Optimising SQL – Jonathan Lewis
- 11:00 am – 11:45 am -RAC Battle-Björn Rost
- 2:00 pm – 2:45 pm -Oracle Database Directions for Cloud and Big Data -Andrew Mendelsohn
- 3:00 pm – 3:45 pm – Understanding And Resolving Free Buffer Wait Contention -Craig Shallahamer
- 5:00 pm – 5:45 pm -Best Practices for Oracle Database Performance on Windows- Alex Keh
- 4:00 pm – 4:45 pm- How to avoid boring work – Automation for DBAs- Marcin Przepiorowski
- 5:00 pm – 5:45 pm -Oracle Automatic Parallel Execution – Joel Goodman
- DOAG 2015 Conference + Exhibition Interview at DOAG Studio
Take care, stay well, and enjoy this lovely autumn. We have an exceptional 10 degrees Celsius here in Finland.
Turku 1st November 2015